My interview with Man Vs Debt

I have mentioned already how much I value Adam Baker and his work at Man Vs Debt, but I will happily say it again. Adam Baker helped me change my life. So imagine my overwhelming excitement when I was invited to appear on a new podcast series that Baker is launching today. It went something like this:

I was honoured, nervous and excited to talk to one of my biggest heroes, and share my story with his audience. We arranged a time to ‘meet’ over Skype, and I chatted with Baker about my debt story; how I got into debt, how I got out of it, and what I’m doing now that I’m free from it.

It’s not an easy tale to tell, but one that’s necessary to help me continue on my debt free journey, and hopefully inspire others to begin theirs. Debt defined my life for over a decade, and it’s only now that I have managed to free myself from its evil clutches that I am able to begin my RTW adventures.

You can head over to ManVsDebt.com to listen to the full podcast.

It was an incredible experience that I am extremely grateful for. Baker is a young man full of wisdom and kindness, blazing a path of change through the world of debt and financial freedom, and allowing an army of followers to set forth on his trail.

Baker continues to be a huge source of inspiration as I move forward. His blog is like an old friend to me, one that I can turn to at any time for reassurance, support and advice.

I feel so proud that I am able to call myself living proof of Baker’s principal message.

I’ve sold my crap, paid off my debt and am now doing what I love.

Thank you, Baker.

Sarahsomewhere December 27, 2011 at 10:36

Yay, well done Hannah! An awesome interview and you should feel very proud for sharing your story to inspire and help others. It was good to hear your voice too!! Well done – onwards and upwards!

Hannah December 27, 2011 at 18:47

Thanks Sarah! I was super nervous – writing about my story is one thing but actually saying it out loud was terrifying! I’m so glad I had the opportunity to do it though 🙂

William December 28, 2011 at 07:54

Your interview was really inspiring. 4 months after I turned 18 and my debt is going up… over $1000 US you inspire me to pay this debt. Good luck

Hannah December 29, 2011 at 15:09

Thank you William, that means a lot. Please don’t make the same mistakes I did – I was around your age when I first got into debt and it took me a decade to get out of it. Pay it off while it is still a manageable amount and try and live within your means as much as possible. Debt is like wearing shackles – it will limit everything you do. Nothing is worth more than your freedom – break free now. Believe me, it is infinitely more satisfying than anything money can buy you. Good luck – let me know how you get on 🙂

Linda December 30, 2011 at 23:06

Hi Hannah,
I listened to your interview on Man Vs Debt- totally awesome !!! I am now following your blog as well as your Twitter posts. I look forward to learning so much from each other…

Hannah December 31, 2011 at 12:45

Thank you Linda, that is so nice of you – I really appreciate that. I will be sure to check out your blog and will be following you back on Twitter too 🙂